About Me

My photo
Hi~I'm Sharon Chang. I'm from Taoyuan. I graduated from Fudan High School. I major in International Business now. I also take part in the badminton team in our department. Speaking of my hobbies, I love to eat desserts very much. I always tell others that I have a second stomach to put in sweets, apart from the first one that is used to put dinner. I also love reading. I developed the habit of reading since I was in kindergarten. The famous series, "The Hunger Games Trilogy" is one of my favorites. Listening to pop music is another thing I really love to do. I can always find endless comfort and joy from the beautiful melody and lyrics. My favorite singer is Kuo Jiing. Glad to meet all of you~ Hope that you enjoy reading my posts: )

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Nama Chocolate

     In this article, I would like to talk about something very unique---the nama chocolate.
     When you first hear about this term, you probably wonder what it is. In fact, "nama" is not an English word. It came from a Japanese word, which means "fresh". Nama chocolate is said to  originate from Japan. About twenty years ago, there was a Japanese royal wedding that prince Naruhito and princess Masako got married. After the wedding ceremony, the couple gave nama chocolate to guests as wedding candies. Then,  nama chocolate has become more and more popular ever since.
     The procedure of making nama chocolate is different from normal European-style chocolate. It is much easier to make because it skip the step named  "coating", which is the most difficult part in making common chocolate. "Ganache", a kind of chocolate that has been softened by adding dairy products, is coated in cocoa powder and then made into nama chocolate.
     Nama chocolate is my favorite kind of chocolate. It has smooth and soft texture. When I put it in my mouth, I can feel it slowly melts in my mouth and leaves a rich but a little bitter taste for quite a while. It is totally different from any other kinds of chocolate I have ever tasted before! There are many shops that sell nama chocolate in Taiwan, but I especially love Feeling eighteen~ Their products are really exquisite as well as delicious. Try the 85% one! I'm sure that you'll fall in love with it immediately.
   

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I am Ruby. I didn’t heard the nama chocolate before. After reading your introduction, I can’t wait to sample them because I very love the chocolate. I eat them almost everyday and that’s the reason why I can’t lose my weight successfully. I am so happy to know the different types of chocolate and I think that I will buy them and share them with my friends. Thanks for your introduction.

    ReplyDelete