About Me

My photo
Hi~I'm Sharon Chang. I'm from Taoyuan. I graduated from Fudan High School. I major in International Business now. I also take part in the badminton team in our department. Speaking of my hobbies, I love to eat desserts very much. I always tell others that I have a second stomach to put in sweets, apart from the first one that is used to put dinner. I also love reading. I developed the habit of reading since I was in kindergarten. The famous series, "The Hunger Games Trilogy" is one of my favorites. Listening to pop music is another thing I really love to do. I can always find endless comfort and joy from the beautiful melody and lyrics. My favorite singer is Kuo Jiing. Glad to meet all of you~ Hope that you enjoy reading my posts: )

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Tiramisù

     Tiramisù is a famous dessert that most people have heard of or even tasted in person. It is basically made from mascarpone cheese, ladyfinger(a kind of sponge cake that roughly shaped like fingers) dipped in coffee, egg yolks, cream, sugar and cocoa powder. Although traditionally it is an Italian dessert, it is so popular that now we can buy it in many non-Italian restaurants.
     Although a lot of people love Tiramisù, few of them know about the story behind this Italian dessert. It is said that Tiramisù is related to a love story. During World War 2, an Italian soldier was forced to leave home and go to war. Although the family was very poor, the soldier's beloved wife still found everything she could and made them into a dessert for him. She named it  "Tiramisù", which means "pick me up". What she meant was that though I could not go with you, at least you could bring the cake and my love with you. And that is how the Italian dessert got the name. It is such a touching story that I was so moved! However, some said that the story is made up by businessmen. The reason why it named "Tiramisù" was simply because the caffeine in it makes people feel slightly excited. Personally, I prefer the former. No matter what the truth is, the romantic story does make Tiramisù a more precious and desirable dessert.
     Speaking of Tiramisù, there is one shop that I especially recommend, You Deserve The Best, Tiramisù. The shop founded in Hualian is very popular among people of all age because the cakes they sell are both cheap and delicious.
     Of course, Tiramisù is the best product they sell. The best way to taste it is to freeze it and later put it in room temperature for a short time. Then taste it in small scoops. The ice cream-like texture and rich flavor will undoubtedly surprise you. 

     Tiramisù is a must-eat dessert that you should not miss~ Try it and you will love it!

3 comments:

  1. Dear Sharon,
    After reading your blog, I know a lot about Tiramisù. I also love the story behind Tiramisù. It makes Tiramisù more romantic and meaningful. By the way, the picture on your blog looks so delicious. I have heard this store from the News. Next time if I have the opportunity to have a great dessert, I will never forget to come to Tiramisù and try its best dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sharon:
    I love Tiramisù, but I don't know the story behind the dessert. It is so romantic and touching that I think I like the dessert more! I have had Tiramisù of the shop in Hualian, and it really tastes delicious. However, it is hard to order one. After your introduction, I want to have a piece of cake and a cup of coffee tomorrow morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Sharon :)
    You know what? I like the store as well since it's cheap but tasty. And i can't forget the smooth cream melt in my mouth :P
    Other, I didn't know the meaning of Tiramisù until i read your blog, and it really touch me :)
    Next time, when i eat it with others, i think i would tell them the story :)

    ReplyDelete