About Me

My photo
Hi~I'm Sharon Chang. I'm from Taoyuan. I graduated from Fudan High School. I major in International Business now. I also take part in the badminton team in our department. Speaking of my hobbies, I love to eat desserts very much. I always tell others that I have a second stomach to put in sweets, apart from the first one that is used to put dinner. I also love reading. I developed the habit of reading since I was in kindergarten. The famous series, "The Hunger Games Trilogy" is one of my favorites. Listening to pop music is another thing I really love to do. I can always find endless comfort and joy from the beautiful melody and lyrics. My favorite singer is Kuo Jiing. Glad to meet all of you~ Hope that you enjoy reading my posts: )

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Love Gift

     On a Mother's Day several years ago, my younger sister, little brother and I decided to buy a special gift for our dear mom. Since she is a dessert lover just like me, we wanted to surprise her by choosing a unique one. Then we found one of the ice-cream cakes in COLD STONE creamery  to be a nearly perfect present. The name of the cake is Love Gift, which accurately describe its exquisite look.
The cake was so adorable~ All of our family members fell in love with it at the first sight. It was REALLY expensive, though. The six-inch cake cost nearly NT$1,000!
     If you ask me, I'll say that the price was the only drawback. The cake was covered with grape jam and was topped with some currants. It was a little bit hard to cut into pieces because of the ice-cream inside. After cut, the lateral amazed everyone again. It was divided into three layers: the top is strawberry ice-cream with raspberries, creamery ice-cream with OREO in the middle and chocolate flavor at the bottom. The three colors formed a harmonious view! 
     And how it taste? Of course the answer is AWESOME! Actually it was my first time tasting an ice-cream cake, and I totally loved it. It was so satisfying that I could eat three flavors at the same time~ The beautiful appearance made it even more wonderful. Mom loved it, too. It is believed that female loves beautiful things, and mom is obviously no exception^^. We children were so happy that we chose a right gift~ Thanks to the special ice-cream cake, we all had an unforgettable Mother's Day.

3 comments:

  1. I also became a cake lover in recent years, especially after I entered the college! Only seeing the picture you showed on the blog can make my mouth water! As a cake lover, I want to introduce a delicious cake to you! It's the chocolate cake of DARK black workshop. The first time I ate it was in my senior high, because I joined the group-buying which was started by my classmate. The chocolate cake has three kinds, 3 Rare, 5 Medium and 7 Mediumwell, and they tasted different after baking. You can definitely give it a try!! I think maybe I will buy the ice-cream cake as my mom's birthday cake next year, though the most of it will be eaten by my younger brother, my father and I! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my family, we always celebrate Mother’s Day by going out together to eat big meal. My sister and I will either buy gifts or make gifts on our own for Mom. It is always warm on Mother’s Day. Of course we would also buy cakes. The cake you showed in the picture just grabbed my heart on the first sight. <3 I love both the beautiful appearance and the inside layers: strawberry, ice cream, OREO, and chocolate! Ymmmm…. Under your recommendation, I would consider Love Gift for Mother’s Day next year. I love COLD STONE!!!
    By the way, I am also a cake lover. One of my favorite is Tiramisu~ I love the smooth texture of it. I think it is the most delicious dessert in the world!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, dear Sharon,
    This cake you introduce is really attractive! The outside of it is gorgeous. When you describe the inside content, I am truly amazed!! I don't like cake which is full of cream because I'll be tired of cream soon. So I always want to try special cake! And I also love Cold Stone very much!!! I am sure that I will buy this cake!

    ReplyDelete